Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Incident

The pictures that you are going to see now, come from a book I found in a secondhand bookstore in Berlin November 1997. The book had my family name on the cover and caught my interest, of course. I asked the owner of the bookstore where he had the book from and he told me that he had bought it from the estate of a deceased American officer.

As I opened the book it was clear that it had nothing to do with the history of my family, there was another book inside the cover! The real title was "The Incident". I closed the book immediately and bought it because if the bookstore owner had seen what was inside, he would probably have put up the price. .

I came back to the hotelĀ  had a quick look in the book and read some pages, it really scared the hell out of me. Not only the pictures scared me, but the text was almost hypnotizing, I got dizzy by reading it. .

First of all, the book had to read from right to left as where the final page usually is, instead I found the first page. It started with a Latin quotation that I translated to something like "The First is the last to die ". And instead of chapters were used the terms "Levels of Initiation" and "Archive I ,II, III ", each Archive containing 7 levels. .

I brought the book back home to Copenhagen, made some copies of a few pages and mailed them to a friend. These copies are all I have left of the book now because 3 days after my return, somebody broke into my flat and stole the book. The strangest thing is that it was the only thing taken.

The Incident

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home