Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Three Dimensions of Kick Ass make a geometric solid of FUCK YEAH!

Has anyone else ever noticed that there are more than one 'real you's' in your life.

There's the real you that unconsciously uses foul language in everyday conversation. The one that thinks the three stooges are funny and was responsible for several punk-rock years of your earlier life. Oh yeah, that was the real you. For real, dont be ashamed. That was a free and unbridled, animal you, going through your daily life.

There's another real you too. The one that sometimes remembers all the things you learned in school about math and science and literature. The one that, every once in a while, causes you to stop and just let the dial sit on the classical music station while you're driving in your car, appreciatingthe glory of human achievment. The one that's educated and expressive and concerned and sometimes wise. Dont be ashamed of that one either, even though it's not as macho as the other you.

I have a couple of real me's, as I like to call them. Yeah, I like the Circle Jerks, but I also like Dead can Dance. Those are the extreme examples. I seem to have many halfway me's in the mix too though that color my reactions to the world around me. The one that's sick of bitchy women. The one that loves all the women I know. The one that cares about other people and the one that is completely okay with it if some idiot gets run over for stepping out in front of me while I a trying to get somewhere in my car.

All these are equally real and they are in direct conflict or at least partial conflict with each other. It's a swirl of contradictions. Yet it is the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home