Monday, July 17, 2006

A dark favor request

Allright everybody, I am going to ask you all for a favor. On the upside it doesn't cost ANY money at all, nor any blood or sweat, so to speak. You will not have to leave the air-conditioning or indeed travel at all from the very chair you now sit in. But it will cost time. 15 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you read. The favor I ask is that you all read this webpage. The whole thing, not just the first 1-3 paragraphs. Now you're probably asking why I would beg this favor from you and fearing that it will be boring or whatever. It might. I won't lie to you. But what it will also be is a learning experience. I am firmly convinced that unless certain technologies come to pass, we will, in our own lifetimes, live in a world where riots and pandemic human suffering are daily news. I want the fact that I made you all read this today to be something that in the future you can allow you all to say, "Wow, Eric totally warned us that this was coming like 20 years ago!" That's all I ask. I want to be a confirmed and acknowledged doomsayer. That's it. I don't care if you don't even give a crap about what you are hopefully about to read. My point isn't to change anything or cause anything to happen other than the aforementioned nod to my knowing it was coing all along. I'm gleefully grim like that. It warms the cockles of my heart to think that I will have told you so. So please click on the link below and read the ENTIRE page.

http://www.hermes-press.com/water.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home