Saturday, September 25, 2004

BIGEYEART.COM

I bet you've probably already guessed- I am totally obsessed with big, poor, pitiful, weepy, sad eyes. I am completely unashamed about the love I have for these saucer eyed waif-y children and pathetic puppies and kitties. There really isn't any oneplace to go, -that has any real information about the artists that were, oh so, popular in the early sixties until about the mid seventies-. Walter and/or Margaret Keane, Gig, Maio, Eden, Eve, Lee, Goji, Ozz Franca, and Igor just to name a few, were all the rage- and have pretty much just disappeared (to many peoples delight) into total obscurity. Now I don't claim that these big eyed cuties were always the epitome of fine art. But they are masterpieces to me. Initially I feared that proclaiming my love for these critters, was just going to limit my chances of finding these treasures. And I was really pretty reluctant to divulge any thing about my big eyed fetish. But after I had the chance to meet Walter and Margaret Keane, and have now met and become good friends with many people who are fellow "big eye" connoisseurs, I was inspired. Some of them have great galleries to browse, some have things to trade or sell, and some are creating there own big eyed art...Although not complete, many of these sites are listed here. And if you have any suggestions, information, original art for sale or trade please feel free to e-mail me

Sick Sad World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home