Saturday, September 25, 2004

The Official Site Of "The Lawn Chair Pilot"

I first heard about Larry Walters' historic balloon flight around 1995. After doing some research to confirm it was true, I then published what I knew about it on my aviation web site in 1999. After doing so, I received many emails from all over the world concerning this amazing story. But simply put, most of my readers did not believe this story was true. Therefore, to set the record straight, I went right to the source who was there when it happened -- Larry's family. For the past several years, I have interviewed Larry's girlfriend Carol and his mother and sisters. I also spoke with REACT, the CB radio monitoring organization, and was given permission by them to publish the audio file of the actual flight from 1982. I believe I have the most accurate information concerning Larry's flight (not all of which is published on this web site at this time).

This page was put together to give my visitors 100% accurate information about Larry's flight. Most other web sites that have information on this story are not totally correct. But that's what happens on the Internet and is why you should use this site as your first resource.

What you are about to read and listen to is a by-product of many years of research and interviews. And the audiotape that you will listen to is so rare that not even Larry's mother knew it existed until I told her about it.

This is probably the most complete and accurate web page about Larry Walters' incredible flight currently on the Internet. A lot of time and effort went into the research and the building of this page and I hope you will enjoy it.

Man attaches 45 balloons to lawn chair and flys 16,000 feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home