Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The End of an Era ( for me )

I am leaving my INCREDIBLY SOUL-SUCKING JOB at Apple at the end of the month. I didn't get tapped for a full-employee-status hire-on with the company from my temporary position.
In a way this is a good opportunity. I have, after MANY years in tech support, come to absolutely hate the actual job of being tethered to a phone, answering often difficult or more often merely stupid questions, while bean-counting chowderheads breath down my neck about such trivial minutia as how long it takes me to get people off the phone and whether or not I fill in every possible blank on a 30-entry form about every single call I take.
It's a degrading, repetitive, thankless job where you are underpaid, completely unappreciated for the important factors of what you do, and generally thought of as a disposable commodity because so many unknowing FOOLS covet the position.

As I was saying in the beginning, this is my chance, the powers of fate, or mere random chance, have conspired to give me another opportunity to do something different. To do something that I can actually enjoy. THIS is a fine opportunity to find work that I can really, actually apply myself to and feel good about doing at the end of the day. Which probably means I'll make half of the meager twelve dollars an hour I make now. Yay! Lifestyle change to shittier conditions, Hoooooo!

Anyhow, I just had to vent this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home