Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Murnau Foundation Metropolis

Never since the original prints of the film has there been such a complete and visually lustrous version of "Metropolis" available. Certainly not in my lifetime or that of my parents. Now it has painstakingly been re-assembled and carefully crafted to as true a facsimile of it's original state as modern technology can possibly make it. And the work is EXCELLENT. I mean it will make you gasp with wonder and appreciation. I watched this on a friend's large-screen TV with surround sound and it gave me a hollow feeling in my chest. It's THAT good!
Not only that but the documentary on the film and it's restoration is so interesting that it's almost as worth watching as the film itself. I can't recommend it enough. Here's a link to Amazon's page for it, should you wisely shoose just to buy it outright.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007L4MJ/102-0734602-9741717?v=glance&vi=reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home